Monday, November 3, 2008

DU Star Preview

This past weekend I came across a story that was submitted to the Dominican STAR, which really got my emotions. It is going to be published in the next issue, so I figured I would preview it here.

With the election tomorrow and Veterans day around the corner it is a good time to be thinking about our country, especially the men and women who have put their lives on the line to serve America. What I never really thought about is how this affects us directly. I don't have any family or close friends who have served, so I have never gave it a second thought. A Dominican student, who served in Iraq, wrote a piece for the STAR, which really struck me. He talks about his experiences in Iraq and what we should think about this coming Veterans day.

So, I urge you to read this article when it comes out Wednesday and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment