Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dominican on the Radio

As I was driving last night to visit home I was listening to 101.9 FM, The Mix radio station. During a commercial break I was completely shocked to hear a commercial for our own Dominican. I heard the "Inspired Minds, Amazing Possibilities" slogan and laughed.

From the time I have been at Dominican I have barely seen any advertising, let alone hear a radio commercial. I found this very interesting. I am assuming this is a part of our plan to reach 4,000 students. I don't know how affective radio commercials are these days, but nonetheless, I was excited to here my little school on the radio.

6 comments:

  1. Yep,

    I remember when I saw some of the ads they had on the Pace buses and stuff. I've also heard the radio ad a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dominican has been advertising much more this year. I always see commercials for the Brennan School of Business on the local channels. The commercial is pretty boring...just a picture and a narrator encouraging people to check the grad school out. The same picture that plays in the commercial is also on a huge bilboard near Harlem and 290. The bilboard is east-bound on the right-hand side just before the Harlem exit. I've searched for the commercial to post on the blog, no luck.....yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my roommates used to be on those Pace bus adverts. Needless to say, the novelty of seeing his face plastered on the buses never wore off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A smile always comes to my face when I see ads for Dominican in the Red Eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently saw the TV commercial Natalie referred to as well; hearing "Dominican" on television was a surprise!

    It's cool, and I understand small schools gotta do what they gotta do, but when I see a Dominican commercial I can't help but think of such schools as ITT Tech, DeVry, and Westwood College that have ads on daytime TV for the couch potato adults who are home during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haywood Yards is playing this year at the 2009 Battle of the Bands. Please check out some sounds before the show. We are very excited to take part and play for the students at Dominican University. Hear sounds here: www.myspace.com/haywoodyards

    ReplyDelete