Monday, October 27, 2008

Tech Center Overload....?

So, I don't know if anyone else has noticed the crowd in the tech center lately but I think it's a little out of control. Almost everytime I go there, almost all the computers are occupied. Last year, it seemed to me that the crowd flocked to the thech center around midterms or at the end of the semester. Why now? Why is it always packed?


I understand that we have new, fancy macs, but they basically do the same job as the older computers. It's great that students are taking advantage of the tech center. My question is, why the all of a sudden swarm?

2 comments:

  1. I think the easy answer to this is that there are more studnets. Our student body is growing rapidly and we are becoming overcrowded. I feel like almost everywhere you go on campus there is a lack of space...the resident halls, parking lots, dining halls,and the tech center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been a large surge in students over the past few years. Also, those wonderful 17 inch screens draw them in.

    As an IT person, it's the best feeling in the world to see something you put a lot of work into being used.

    A little known secret...if Lewis 002 or 004 does NOT have a class going on you can go in and use the machines in there as well. I know they are not as pretty as the Macs, but they are as powerful as the Macs.

    ReplyDelete