Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Journalism and Sex........WHO knew?




I had the opportunity of attending the Drunk Sex or Date Rape event tonight given by attorney and motivational speaker Brett Sokolow. It was great! It really made me think about our society based on the responses from multiple students. I also noticed that a lot of DU athletes were there. Were they required to attend, or did they just want to be enlightened?


Anyways, towards the end of his speech, Sokolow stated that when any sexual case is brought to court, the law requires the 5 W's and the H: Who? What? Where? Why? When? And of course, How?


Wow. I had no idea that this essential element of any news story was also an essential element in applying the law to any sexual case. Pretty cool, huh?


Photo Source: aphic.com

3 comments:

  1. The athletes were required to attend. The event was actually co-sponosred by the athletic department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Megan! You just alleviated some of my reporting...rock on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! grace and frankie season 5

    ReplyDelete