Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Diversity at Dominican...Out of Date??

As this is my first posting on diversity at Dominican, I was somewhat dumbfounded as to what exactly to write about. So, being the resourceful journalist that I am, I did a search for "diversity" on Dominican's home page. As I sifted through the results, I payed close attention to the Multicultural Affairs page. Well, well, well....


Let me tell you, much like my findings on SGA, the Multicultural Affairs page is completely out of date. I encourage you to click HERE to see just exactly what I'm talking about.


That's right, it's hosting events as late as September 15, 2007 and as current as March 13, 2008. How are Dominican students, potential students and people interested in DU's multicultural affairs going to be able to get information about CURRENT, as in this school year's opportunities to get involved. Even the page's Special Events portion lists events from the 2007-2008 school year.


This beginning to appear as a trend within DU groups/organizations I've noticed as my short time as a DU blogger. Does anyone else feel this is a potential problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment