Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Free Edge!




Yesterday, some company came in to pass out free samples of Edge Shave Gel. While it was nice to see faces light up at the prospect of free samples, it was not as nice to see the said gel all over the mini quad, the trash can near the commons, and, yes, even on some cars in the parking lot. I’m not sure whose idea it was to allow these samples to be handed out, but whoever it was obviously was not thinking about the maturity level of 19 year olds.

This brings another question to mind: how are companies given authorization to pass out samples of products? This is not the first time I have seen fellow students walking about with travel sized toiletries. Do companies just come into school with boxed of things to give to students? Technically anything could be in those boxes so is it really safe?

4 comments:

  1. O man Suzy, sounds like another case of the mashed potatoes. At least it was outside! Personally, I was upset to see free samples for the guys, but not girls. Clearly this company does not know it's target audience, as the majority of our school is women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job ladies! Suzy: fierce post and Megan: cool comment. I was wondering what the white foam on the lockers near Cyber was. Two of my friends work for Red Bull...their job is to hit up local places packed with people...i.e. college campuses and shopping malls. I don't think that they have to seek permission from the location to walk around and pass out samples. Dominican does allow anyone to enter campus. I mean, Joe the plumber, or who ever else, is allowed to access any computer on campus. Wierrrrd. But I think getting free stuff is pretty cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so that's what that pink gooey mess was!I noticed it on my way through the mini quad that day and I had no idea what it was (and I didn't want to get too close).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeesh!

    Well I personally think it's sad that one would have to take into consideration the maturity level of teenagers on campus. Come on, kiddos. We're in college now!

    ReplyDelete