Monday, November 10, 2008

Film Course

I think a lot of people reading this are going to be communication students. If you are a communication student, I really recommend taking a film course. It's a really cool alternative to the normal communication classes. This semester I'm taking "Seeing Hitchcock." We watch and discuss films by one of the all-time great directors, Alfred Hitchcock. I've seen such great films as Vertigo and Strangers on a Train. I loved movies before, but now I feel that I really understand them. So if you're looking for classes to take, I would definitely consider a film course.

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking the same class, "Seeing Hitchcock", and it's the first film study course I've ever taken. I'm definitely glad I decided to take it. I haven't seen any Hitchcock films before this class, so it's been an interesting experience for me (yes, I haven't even seen "Psycho" before this class).

    My favorite films of what we've seen are "Shadow of a Doubt" and "Strangers on a Train." I like how the class makes you look at films in a different way. Like Joe said, I feel that I can better understand films - how different aspects of a film work together to make the story.

    What this class has taught me so far is that Hitchcock is in league of his own when it comes to suspense. Just considering the fact that we have a film class solely devoted to his works shows how talented a director he was.

    ReplyDelete