Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cause of Fire Alarm: Popcorn?

Today at about 3:00 p.m. the fire alarm went off in Lewis causing the entire building to evacuate. At the time I was in the technology center and very upset I had to leave my work behind, but I was curious as to the cause. Our building was obviously not burning down, so what caused the alarm to sound?

I spoke with security guard William Dezynski this evening regarding the cause of the evacuation. He said he had not been on duty during the time of the alarm, but had heard it was caused by someone in the admissions office burning popcorn.

This would not surprise me if this was the true cause, as this has occurred earlier in the year in the residence halls. So, I ask everyone in the Dominican community to please not overcook your popcorn...

No comments:

Post a Comment