Saturday, October 11, 2008

Judy Collins

On the Dominican home page, there is a link to an article in the Wednesday Journal about Judy Collins' performance. According to the article, many people were extremely excited for her to perform:

"Collins' talent will be on display this Saturday, Oct. 18 in River Forest, when she appears in a much-anticipated concert at Dominican University's Performing Arts Center. Leslie Dominguez, who curates the Performance Center's season, said, "Judy Collins has been on my wish list since I came here. I grew up listening to her music. I think I know every word of every song."
Dominguez and her boss, Dominican President Donna Carroll, both of whom have previously witnessed Collins' virtuosity, are delighted she's coming."

I work phonathon at Dominican, and one alum told me that she was not donating to Dominican this year because Collins is extremely open about being pro-choice. She said she was disappointed in Dominican for inviting Collins to a Catholic institution.

Does anybody have any thoughts about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment