Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fashion Club Basket Raffel

So today and tomorrow, the Fashion Club will be selling tickets to raise money for their annual fashion show (which happens in Spring). Christmas music could be heard in the library and dining halls luring people to get in the spirit and stop by their apealling display in the Lewis Alcove. The fashionistas dominated the alcove from 9:30 this morning until 5 tonight...they will be there all day tomorrow as well.

Tickets to win one of the elaborate baskets cost $1 each. Six tickets can be purchased for $5. All proceeds will help to produce the fashion show coming this spring. The Fashion Club's Kelsey Swank is a member of the club's publicity committee. In this video interview, Swank explains more about the drive.

The most expensive item featured in one of the baskets is a Nintendo DS. Nintendo DS's generally range from $125-$200 at retailers.

This next basket will satisfy the winner's sweet tooth. Boxes of fine chocolates and a $50 Cheesecake Factory gift card are included among other treats.

Attention all movie lovers: This basket features all your favorite pick on's while watching some of this year's most popular included DVD's.

The mentioned baskets are just some of the many baskets featured in the raffle. The prizes are great and the baskets would also make awesome gifts.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures look great! Buy tickets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally devastated am I at not winning the basket with all the chocolates and the scrumptious promise of an excursion to the Cheesecake Factory. This is my very favorite factory. So it goes. I should be happy that someone else is eating my chocolate and ordering my cheesecake. But I’m not. I’m just not. When I go to the Fashion Show this spring I hope, I sincerely hope to have recovered from this better pill of disappointment and this taste, not of cheesecake, but of remorse. It’s all been for a good cause, I’ll tell myself, and I’ll try again and again to make myself believe. But then I picture in my mind’s eye the WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRUFFLE, the VANILLA BEAN CHEESECAKE, the KEY LIME CHEESECAKE, the CRAIG'S CRAZY CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE, the CARAMEL PECAN TURTLE, the DULCE DE LECHE CARAMEL CHEESECAKE (I ignore the LOW CARB CHEESECAKE), before I finally settle on a slice of the ORIGINAL – for starters. Alas, others will be eating my cheesecake this Christmas. I do hope they’re happy.

    ReplyDelete