Monday, November 3, 2008

My friends in Power do their laundry...in the boy's bathroom

It can be a long haul from Power 4 to the laundry room, but luckily the residents of Power 4 have a washer and dryer located on their floor. The catch? Both are located inside the boy’s bathroom.

Um, awkward? Maybe, but this doesn’t stop female residents from entering the boy’s bathroom and doing their laundry.

Junior Hillaurie Fritz has been living on Power 4 for three years now. “It was really awkward my freshmen year, but now I'm used to it," she said. "I’d rather go in there than walk all the way down to Coughlin. I mean there aren't too many guys on the floor, so it’s not that big of a deal…I always try to hurry though."

Senior Anne Marie Barrett, who also lives on the floor, admits that the location is unusual. “I’ve been in there doing laundry and I’ve had guys walk in and ask if they are in the right bathroom. It’s probably more awkward for them.”

Don’t get me wrong, it is nice that Power 4 has its own washer and dryer. Still, this shocks me. Isn't there anywhere else that the washer and dryer could go?

Seriously?

3 comments:

  1. haha...I have definitely done my laundry in the boys bathroom before. It is not that bad in regards to the boys. I just question how sanitary it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know to what degree this gets guys and girls talking to each other. Have friendships emerged? Loving, lasting relationships? One-night stands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dominican and all of its crazy quirks! So ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete